A 72-year-old Ishola Olatunji is in police custody for allegedly defiling a seven-year-old girl in Ogun State.
The Ogun State Command Spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident in a statement on Saturday, saying the suspect was arrested on September 22.
The mother of the girl was said to have reported the incident at Iperu police station.
The mother had told the police that she left her daughter at home, but returned to meet her feeling uncomfortable.
According to Oyeyemi, the seven-year-old daughter told her mother that the aged man had lured her into his room and forcefully had unlawful carnal knowledge of her.
With the report, the DPO of Iperu division, it was learnt, detailed his detectives to the scene “where the randy old man was promptly arrested.NEWS: 22-year-old commercial motorcyclist commits suicide in Ibadan
“The suspect has made a confessional statement admitting the commission of the offence,” the PPRO informed.
Meanwhile, the Ogun State Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun, has directed the transfer of the suspect to the anti-human trafficking and child labour unit of the state CIID for further investigation and prosecution.
- Popular Cross Dresser, James Brown “Gives His Life To Christ”
- Ayodex – MELODY (Prod. Jlazbeatz)
- Buhari Orders China To Take Over Nigeria On Infrastructural Authority
- Bobrisky Declares Himself The ‘Richest Girl’ In Nigeria
- President Buhari Asks MTN To Reduce Data Prices For Nigerians
- Wizkid May Not Win Grammy Like Burna Boy Next Year
- See Why Davido Should Learn From Wizkid and Olamide
- Who Is the richest between Wizkid and Davido?
Monday, June 21