Hazard Has Had No Luck At Real Madrid – Belgium Boss Martinez
Eden Hazard has had no luck at Real Madrid, according to Roberto Martinez, who has insisted that the out-of-form winger is still “essential” for Belgium.
Hazard has struggled to live up to expectations at Real since moving to Santiago Bernabeu from Chelsea for €100 million (£86m/$121m) in the summer of 2019.
The 2020-21 season was another disappointing one for the 30-year-old as injuries continued to limit his overall contribution, but Martinez is optimistic he can get back to his best at the European Championships.
- Singer Harrysong In Pains After Discovering A ‘Single Mum Of Two’ He Was Sending Money To Is A Man
- Buhari Told Us To Look For Money To Fix The Leaking Roof Of NASS Building – Lawan Reveals
- If A Rich Woman Is Called “Sugar Mummy” What Is A Poor Woman Called?
- Nigerian Celebrities Are Richer, Spend Money Than American Celebrities
- Don Jazzy Scared For Any Established Artiste That Decides To Be Lazy
The Belgium boss thinks Hazard has been plagued by misfortune in the Spanish capital and wants to see him start enjoying his football again when the summer tournament kicks off.
“There is little talk of the luck factor in football, and so far he has not had it in Madrid, ” Martinez told La Vanguardia.
“There he cannot be valued because he has not been on the field. Before, at Chelsea, he had never been injured.
“For us, he is an essential player, he is the captain, a symbol, and I hope that mixed with the environment we have he will be able to change his luck and smile again on the field.
“Because when Eden has fun, his football makes a difference and it is what we are all waiting for.”